Monday 26 May 2014

First Commision, new computer and the Liebster awards

Good Evening folks, I hope everything is going peachy in your neck of the woods.

Once more I must apologise for my lack of communication, but a blog is merely a place to share ones thoughts, and I am afraid I must heavily edit those least I lose anyone to my terrifying rants.

However, digression aside, welcome back. There are a few things I wish to talk about Tonight. First and foremost is that, until recently, I have been labouring under the yolk of a woefully outdated computer. But no longer! With a great weight lifted from my wallet (honestly, I blew my budget so quickly I had to dip into the Orc funds) I can now work without having the machine crash every 25 minutes, which makes blogging so much easier I can tell you. You can therefore expect more content on a much more regular basis.
one of the commanders of the Light Sensha division, equipped with the fearsome *snigger* type 95  Ha-Go 
Secondly is the completion of the first part of what I am calling my first proper commission (I painted Hamish's trolls for him a while ago, for which I apologise profusely to everyone who has been eaten by them, but that was in repayment for a certain amount of travel). My good friend Jayden over at The imperial patrol passed his Hohei Chutai (Japanese rifle company)into my keeping over the last month and the results are just now being finished (University and work have interceded to delay progress). However, here are some pictures of the first completed miniatures.
Nikuhaku squads, trust the Japanese to devise suicide squads to take on Russian armour

came out fuzzy, but some light type 92 70mm Howitzers, man my Fin's have a deep hatred for these light but violent weapons 
 So with the first wave of support platoons done, and 20 stands of infantry almost complete (you will be seeing them latter in the week) it seems I need to soon pull my finger out of my metaphorical arse and get my Finnish Jalkaväki kompany painted.

To finish tonight I would like to make a quick mention of the Liebster awards. My good friend Herman made a mention of it in the comments of my previous video, and my interest was piqued. I didn't really know how to feel about it, convention is that the nominator asks 11 questions of the nominee, who then nominates another group of young bloggers and so on. I will say now that I have always disliked this style of, for lack of a better word, pyramid scheme style of secret sharing (secrets are secrets for a reason, and I could crush people with the skeletons in my closet). However, awareness of other like minded blogs is a good thing, so you may see a post soon highlighting my favourite blogs to visit. We will see.

That's all I was going to talk about tonight. I hope to be back latter in the week with the finished Hohei platoon. Till then, have fun, stay classy, and rattle 'dem bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment